Join friendly and adventurous men for a body-based, hands-on exploration of BDSM and fetish practices in a healthy atmosphere of conscious eroticism.
Kink Lab for Men offers you the opportunity to gain new knowledge, skills and awareness as you practice and explore techniques to expand full-body pleasure, intimacy and personal power through conscious BDSM.
Each session has a different theme. There will be time spent for learning and practice with the theme. You will also usually have flexibility to negotiate, co-create and experiment with other activities that interest you such as bondage, spanking, sensual touch, control and healthy domination, etc.
Some past themes have included
- Exploring erotic bondage
- Discovering erotic spanking
- Exploring Tantra and BDSM
- Creating intimacy with sensation and intensity
- Dominance & surrender for pleasure and connection
Supplies to Bring
- Depending on the session’s theme, you may be asked to bring some supplies.
- Carefully review the Practical Details section below for things you may need to bring that are specific to the venue used on a given date.
- Optionally, you can always feel free to bring other toys or gear. Keep in mind the room may be crowded and we’ll be moving around, so don’t bring more gear than you can easily keep track of.
- For hygienic reasons please do not bring insertable toys or gear for advanced or extreme scenes (such as electro, single tails or needle play).
- Please leave single tails and locking restraints at home.
About Kink Lab
The purpose of Kink Lab is to empower gay and bisexual men to bring more creativity and community into their sexual expression, and to help them say a heartfelt ‘Yes!’ to the transformative power of pleasure.
Join us if you are a gay or bisexual man interested in (or want to learn more about) role play, bondage, erotic spanking, power and surrender, or applications of spirituality and Tantra in BDSM. Sessions are geared for men who consider themselves beginner to intermediate in their BDSM experience and skills, and who want to explore in safe, fun, nonjudgmental settings that promote community.
The workshop involves optional nudity and sharing full body and possibly erotic touch with other men.
Woven throughout the sessions will be exercises and body-based practices that will offer yuo ways to become more connected to your body, to your emotions, to pleasure, to healthy power, and to your partners.
The atmosphere is one of clear communication, heartfelt listening, with supportive guideance that promotes creativity and safe, sane and consensual behaviors.
Unlike most BDSM education which is based on demonstration and lecture, most of the time will be spent in guided hands on activities so that you can learn by practice.
Within a structured format, most of the session will include rotations of randomly assigned pairs or triads for practice, playful exploration and fun hands on learning. The workshop will include structured skills practice and more freeform periods where you will have morechoice in structuring your own experience.
Benefits of Participation
Participation offers you a place to
- Become more confident and creative in sexual expression
- Safely try out BDSM practices and develop skills
- Learn to negotiate sex and play boundaries easily – get your needs met and stay safe while keeping it fun
- Use breath and energy to enhance sexual experience
- Deepen awareness of sensation and pleasure in your body, and your partner’s body
- Feel more at home in your skin and enjoy your body more
- Be more communicative during sex
- Use sexual energy for transformation and healing
- Meet potential play partners in a friendly, fun, structured and safe environment
This workshop offers a fresh, somatic, up-to-date, and hands on approach to sex education, conscious BDSM, body awareness and pleasure.
Requirements to Participate
To attend this workshop you do not need to have had any previous experience with BDSM. However, if you have had some previous BDSM experience, you will still find that you’ll learn new things about yourself and about creating intimacy and pleasure.
Participants will be invited and expected to interact with everyone in respectful, accepting, friendly and playful ways that emphasize heartfelt communication.
It’s important that you carefully plan to arrive on time and to stay for the whole session. If your schedule would require that you come late or leave early, please join us on a different date.
Participants are expected to equally take part in the giving and receiving of all activities because this offers you the deepest learning and skill development.
Another reason we ask that you come with the intention of full participation is in order to create a safe space for everyone. After all, this is not an event for spectators. However, if at the time you discover there is something you feel you cannot consent to, ask and we will support you in gracefully opting out of that activity.
At every point within the session, you need to look after yourself. Asking for what you want, saying “No” or asking for things to be changed or slowed down is your responsibility if you are not comfortable with what is happening.
Remember that no one can read your mind. They won’t know what you need unless you ask. That said, all of the sessions include some help and simple exercises to support you with being comfortable with communication and negotiation.
Don’t worry if you have not attended one of our events before or if you feel like a novice, as the more experienced men will encourage and guide you.
About the facilitator
Mark Davian is a relationship coach and erotic educator who helps gay and bisexual men who want more physical pleasure and emotional intimacy with other men. He has been helping men to improve their experience of sex and intimacy for over twenty years. There’s much more information available on his website at www.MaleHealthyTouchClub.com
Private coaching sessions with Mark are also available to support you in reaching your goals in the arena of sex, intimacy, relationships, and healing.
Want more information?
- In Boston, this event is regularly offered through Kink Friendly Men. For the current calendar of events, join here.
- If you’re not in Boston, check for a group in your metro area.
- You might also be interested in getting sex and relationship resources by email or in our online seminars by signing up below.