I’ve hiked along some twisting, deeply troubling, richly meaningful, challenging, fulfilling fun and exciting paths.
- My camping companions and I once woke groggy at 3am to discover we needed to abandon our riverside campsite in a hurry (during a torrential rainstorm) to avoid being swept away in a flash flood.
- I grew up in the Amazon rainforest climbing trees and swimming with the wildlife. Literally!
- I had eye surgery at age 12 and again at age 15.
- I gave my heart to Jesus at age 4, listened to “Jesus music” as a teenager and got involved in church work as a young adult,
- I went to a private liberal arts college and graduated summa cum laude.
- I left the evangelical church and opened my heart much wider because it had become clear that doing so was my only ethical choice. (In other words, it was what Jesus would do.)
- As early as those college days when I was struggling in many ways myself, men began seeking me out for help with getting what they wanted from life including about sex and relationships. Back then no one called it coaching.
- I worked toward graduate degrees in counseling and cross-cultural communication. Burned my nose on the grindstone, an experience that was traumatic at the time and for which I’m thankful now.
- I’ve worked with kids in Seoul, South Korea and the Bronx, New York.
- I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane. For the fun of it. (Since I’m not Superman, I used a parachute.)
- I developed life coaching skills helping global humanitarian worksers in multi-cultural teams working in fascinating places like the slums of New Delhi, India, Islamic neighborhoods in London, England, among the poor in Mexico and in Germany’s Black Forest.
- I got converted again in rural, northern Holland. Now I drink coffee every day.
- I spent a dozen years in corporate America experiencing the best, the bad and the ugly.
- I’ve had sex in a car, in the woods, on stage, on a train, on the roof but not on a plane, and not (yet) in Australia.
- Before Microsoft Windows existed, I wrote code that was used to calculate electricity bills from meter readings.
- I once slept naked in a treehouse. Unless you’re afraid of heights, I highly recommend it.
- Once while changing planes in a remote part of South America, there was a week-long flight delay. Since there was no other means of transportation it turned into a forced holiday in a boring place with a muddy river and no communication with the rest of the world.
- In first grade, at a big neighborhood party I went around kissing all the teenage girls near me. It was my idea and I was having great fun – until unexpectedly one of my teeth fell out!
- I sat with friends who were suicidal and held the hands of the dying. It wasn’t easy and I’m grateful for the opportunity to be with them.
- Years ago I became fascinated with various forms of adventurous sexual expression, such as erotic bondage, spanking and power exchange. I spent years exploring to my heart’s content and have guided many individuals and groups in similar healthy explorations.
- I’ve lived the joys and pains of a variety of relationship configurations including long-distance and ethical non-monogamy.
- I experienced trauma in a variety of ways: living among terrorists, being mugged with a knife, having my nose broken by strangers who jumped me, surviving a car accident, and more.
- I’m absolutely certain that if I had past lives, I loved chocolate in all of them.
- Falling head over heels in love with someone 1,500 miles away was an amazing and wonderful experience.
- I love quality ice cream. Once for the fun of it, I ate ice cream on a freesing, north-facing winter beach with nothing but wind and sea between me and the polar ice. Yes, for the fun of it. 🙂
I”m still learning, exploring curiously, and experimenting. Won’t stop. Not ever.
While you’re here, I recommend you sign up at the top (or bottom) of the page to receive helpful resources by email to support you in having meaningful emotional intimacy and erotic fulfillment..