Trust and mutual respect are essential parts of the work we do together, whether in a private session, workshop or online class.
I recognize that the nature of the services I offer can make you feel quite vulnerable. I also understand the powerful potential of this work for your growth and fulfillment.
So I believe it’s important for you to know the principles and ethics that guide my integrity in this work. Unless noted otherwise, what follows applies regardless of the type of session or whether it’s a group workshop, online seminar or individual session in person or by phone.
I invite you to openly discuss any concerns or questions that may arise during our working together. I am happy to explain any aspect of your session or of the information on this page.
I appreciate the opportunity to be part of your growth and learning.
What you can expect
I believe that you are creative, resourceful and whole. You don’t need to be fixed. I don’t diagnose or treat any illnesses or conditions. I’m not a psychotherapist, doctor, massage therapist, attorney, social worker or ordained minister. The services I offer can be a helpful supplement to services like these, but is not a substitute for them. My commitment is to be your advocate and to support the services offered by other professionals.
The focus of my work is to help you experience more erotic fulfillment and emotionally satisfying relationships. I’ll bring my considerable training, experience and skills in professional coaching, deep listening, bodywork, communication, sexuality, spirituality, energy work, focusing, and tantric philosophy to support your growth.
Your growth through our time together is the result of the combined wisdom of your body, mind and spirit and–as we interact–of mine.
For this work to make a difference in your life, you will need to integrate the learning from our time together into your everyday life. Your attitudes, choices, and actions will greatly affect your results.
The work we do together may include a number of modalities including, but not limited to, professional coaching, orgasmic yoga and erotic coaching, focusing, hypnosis, breathwork and holistic energy work. You can read more about the modalities I use and my background.
I follow the code of ethics of the following organizations.
- International Coach Federation, an international organization dedicated to advancing the coaching profession.
- Association of Certified Sexological Bodyworkers (ACSB), a professional association devoted to the promotion of professional somatic sex education.
Not all the work I do, and not all the modalities I use fall under the scope of these groups. If you have questions please discuss them with me.
My commitment to you
My commitment to you is to give you my complete attention during our time together. Our session and workshop times are clearly defined and I work to ensure we are complete when our time is finished.
I offer a confidential, non-judgmental, safe and supportive environment where you can explore your feelings, learn, and grow. Your privacy and confidentiality is important to me. I’ve written more about what that means at the bottom of this page.
Your emotional and physical safety is important to me. If you have questions or concerns about this or feel uncomfortable for any reason, please let me know so I can help you. While all activities in sessions and workshops are created placing a high priority on safety, I won’t always know what might make you uncomfortable unless you tell me.
I may make requests of you and you are always free to say yes, no or make a counteroffer to any requests made by me or others. Any somatic coaching or bodywork that we do is only with your consent. You may ask for whatever you want. I will not judge you or your request. I may say yes, no or counteroffer any request you make of me.
The foundation of this work is to help you focus on your own experience during a session.
All sessions are focused on your experience. My personal needs are met elsewhere. I am not available for sex or dating with clients. If you already have a prior relationship with me before you make use of my products or services, we can have an open-hearted conversation about how it may, or may not, change how we relate with each other.
In order to serve my clients as best as I can and truly make a difference in their lives, I only work with those I truly believe I can help. Therefore I reserve the right to decline to work with anyone privately or to refuse workshop registration to anyone for any reason.
What I expect from you
The most important thing I expect from you is to be present and authentic. Feel your body. Tell me what you are thinking and feeling. What’s on your heart? Don’t worry about editing what you’re going to say. I’m your advocate to create a safe and supportive environment for you to explore who you truly are.
You may find that powerful emotions surface during our time together. This is a common response to coaching, focusing, bodywork, energywork and tantric practices. I will honor your emotions and feelings by not interfering unless you ask me to. If, for example, you need to cry, I’ll stay with you and let you do so. If you would like something different from me, please ask for what you want.
Workshops and groups are set up to support you in making your own choices while also learning more about your impact on others. Your full participation is expected since these are not sessions for spectators. Although an emphasis is placed on personal choice, to create a safe experience for everyone, you may have less freedom of choice in some workshops than others. Each workshop or event has unique guidelines and expectations that will be explained as part of registration and during the event itself. If something is confusing or difficult, please ask for help and clarification.
To ensure that I can give all clients the same level of attention, please do not call or arrive early.
Cancellation policy If you need to reschedule or cancel a private appointment please contact me 24 hours in advance. Since the time is held for you, payment is expected unless you cancel in timely fashion. Any exceptions that might be made to this policy such, as for inclement weather, do not change the policy with respect to future situations. Workshop cancellation policies are listed on the event description or registration.
Payment My current fees are listed on this website, in a workshop description or in a private communication with you, and are communicated to you in advance. These fees are subject to change.
- For phone sessions payment is expected 24 hours in advance.
- For studio sessions payment is expected by the end of each session. Payment may be made by cash or in advance using credit/debit card via PayPal.
- Payment expectations for workshops and classes are described on the event page.
You may be asked to provide photo ID to verify you are a legal adult and to verify your consent for certain services.
Expectations for studio sessions and workshops
I realize that some of the following guidelines may seem basic to most people. I wouldn’t include them if I hadn’t been faced with these issues in the past. Please understand I don’t ask for anything from you that I don’t extend in return.
- Please be respectful and responsible about personal hygiene. You will be the most comfortable if you shower before coming to your session. I realize this is not always practical for every commute and schedule. For some types of bodywork this is more important than for coaching. In some studio locations a shower is available by prior request.
- I don’t work with people who are intoxicated or high. You may be asked to leave a workshop, group or private session if you are visibly under the influence of substances. Please contact me to reschedule if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Since close contact and breathwork is often involved, fresh breath is helpful. Breath mints are available. It’s best if you don’t drink coffee or smoke just before your session. I realize for some this may be a difficult request and if that’s you, I invite you to talk with me about that.
- If you find that you have a skin condition communicable by touch such as lice, scabies, or ringworm (or other communicable illness like the flu), please contact me to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have any medical conditions or physical limitations that might limit or affect the types of activities or bodywork we do together it is important you discuss that with me beforehand so that I can assist you in adapting them to meet your needs.
- Somatic coaching and erotic coaching or sacred intimacy sessions can be powerful learning and growing experiences. Scheduling in advance is advised due to demand and limited availability.
More about confidentiality and privacy
I place a high priority on confidentiality and your privacy. I don’t disclose client information and I certainly do not discuss what took place during our sessions without your permission. If we happen to meet at a social event, I won’t even disclose the fact that you are a client. Please respect this confidentiality by not asking me about other clients.
I also expect you to respect my privacy and confidentiality. In the course of a session I may share with you personal things about my own life and learning. You may come to my studio for a session. While you’re free to share what you experienced and learned in a session, I expect you to treat as confidential any specific personal details that you learn about me.
Part of respecting your confidentiality is to be clear and honest with you about the limits to confidentiality.
- Supervision – I may discuss specific things that come up during our time together with others doing similar work (other coaches, erotic educators, or focusing-oriented professionals) if I would like help from my colleagues. These discussions are always in general terms in order to not disclose any personal or other identifying information about you.
- Professional development and credentialing – Due to my commitment to professional development and an ongoing professional coach credentialing process I am required to keep a log of hours completed for various modalities (e.g. coaching). Other than modality, session length, date, and client name no information about the session content is kept in this log. The only time this log is released is to a certifying board when I apply for credentials (e.g. International Coach Federation) who also keep this information confidential. While it is unlikely, you should know that they do sometimes audit these logs by contacting a few of the clients listed to verify that a coaching relationship existed on the dates given in the log.
- Administrative help – From time to time I may retain administrative help with matters such as data entry, bookkeeping, etc. In the course of performing such duties these professionals may work with confidential client data. In addition to confidentiality agreements with them, I have other procedures in place to protect confidential information. I periodically re-evaluate the suitability and integrity of these professionals and of the software used to perform these tasks.
- Contact methods – I do use various social media websites and on occasion have sometimes send cards for birthdays or other occasions to those who have given me a postal mailing address. If it would bother you if I contacted you in these ways, please let me know.
- Threats of violence – If you make threats of violence against yourself or others, I am not obligated to intervene or to report this. However I reserve the right to do so if it seems best in my sole discretion. If you make threats of violence against me, yourself or others, you are by so doing giving your specific and express consent for me to disclose whatever information about you I consider necessary, in my sole discretion, to protect myself or the person(s) threatened.
- Other risks – You should also be aware that email and the phone are not completely secure means of communication. If, for example, you have concerns about being at risk for domestic violence, or child custody battles, this may be an area of concern for you. In such cases you should seek help from legal and privacy experts to help you with that. While your privacy is important to me, you should know that I do not make any promise to fund a court battle in the highly unlikely case a court order required me to disclose information.